This function allows you to automatically transfer sales and attendee information from your SimpleTix sales to Little Green Light, streamlining your management process with the help of Zapier.
1. Before you begin, please make sure that you have an existing event on SimpleTix.
- This will ensure that you can specify which order information is retrieved, including custom fields.
- By default, order details will contain the following; First Name, Last Name, Email, Event Title, and Phone Number.
- If you haven't created an event yet, click here.
2. After creating your event, go to zapier.com then create an account or log in.
3. Once logged in, click the + sign and create a Zap
4. Set the app that initiates your trigger.
- Search for SimpleTix and click on it.
5. Select the Zapier Event that triggers a constituent entry.
- In most cases, it'll be when a New Order is placed.
- You have the option to select one depending on your reporting needs freely.
6. Once you've chosen the Zapier Event that triggers the Zap, click Continue.
7. You will now be asked to link a SimpleTix account.
- Choose an existing one or connect a new account, then authorize.
8. Once your account is linked, click Continue to proceed.
9. You'll be asked to select a status linked to your initial event trigger.
- For this example, we're going with New Order > Order Complete.
- This option may not be present depending on your initial event trigger.
10. Once done with your selection, click Continue.
11. Zapier will now attempt a test to retrieve information from your latest order.
- This will confirm that the account is linked and that the automation will run properly.
- Click Test Trigger to proceed.
12. Once the test is complete, you'll see details from your most recent order.
- If correct, click Continue with the Selected Record.
13. On the next screen, you'll be prompted to select your Action app.
- Search for Little Green Light then click on it to proceed.
14. On the next screen, click the event: import ticket buyers as constituents
- LGL only has a single action at this point - they built the one all-purpose import action
15. Once selected, click Continue.
16. On the next screen, you'll be prompted to log in to your Little Green Light Account (LG).
- You can use an existing account or log in to a new one.
17. Once your account is linked, click Continue to proceed.
18. Under constituent matching preferences, select key data that will allow LGL to identify the same constituent, preventing possible duplicates.
- In this example, we've set it to match the email and the last name of the ticket buyer.
19. Set whether you'd like a buyer to be automatically added as a constituent or you require the data to be reviewed before officially adding it to your list.
- In this example, we set No for review so buyers are automatically added,
20. Set a name that will let you easily identify your data.
- This will appear as a list within your LGL account
21. Once you've set your preferences above, you can now scroll down to Main Constituent Info.
- Here, you'll match the information you want set for each data field.
- For example, the First name field within your SImpleTix order will be matched with the First name field in your LGL constituent.
- The same should be done for information such as last name, email, phone number, or any other information you'd like imported.
22. After matching your constituent information, scroll down to Event Info.
- Here you can match the Gen. Event Name to the Order Items Title field.
- This will let you easily identify which event someone was imported from.
Note: If you allow multiple events to be purchased in one order use the Gift Note or Notes field instead of Gen. Event Name
23. After you've matched all your preferred data, click Continue to proceed.
24. You will now get a summary of which information will be synced over to LGL.
25. Click Test Step to import the information from the order.
26. Once completed, you'll receive a confirmation that the data has been sent.
27. Go to your Little Green Light account and check under Constituents.
- You should now see the data from the last order imported.
- If you set imports to be approved prior to being added, check your LGL dashboard for pending approvals.
28. Once you verify that all info is correct, click Publish.
29. You're done! You'll receive a confirmation that the Zap is now active. Buyer information will now automatically be added as LGL constituents.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article