The Box Office Settings page will contain options that apply when selling tickets using the SimpleTix Event Organizer app or via https://manager.simpletix.com/orders/sell-ticket.
Enabling settings will provide you with better information regarding purchases.
Disabling certain settings may be ideal for situations where you prefer fast-moving purchases onsite.
1. Go to https://manager.simpletix.com/general/boxoffice-app
Log in with your SimpleTix account.
You can also access this by going to Settings > Box Office
2. On the Box Office page, you'll see a list of configurable settings.
These settings apply to fields or options that will be available when selling tickets via the SimpleTix Organizer app or via the admin page.
3. Are Attendee Questions Required?
- During purchase, the information requested may be limited to just the buyer even if they get multiple tickets.
- Choose Yes or No to enable or disable required details for each attendee.
4. Is the Buyer's Name Required?
- The SimpleTix Event Organizer App will automatically get the buyer's name on credit card orders.
However, on cash orders, Square gift card orders, or when contactless credit cards are used, we cannot.
- Choose Yes or No to enable or disable the option for cash, gift cards, or contactless payments.
5. Is the Buyer's Email Required?
- Asking for their email is a good idea. This will email them their eTickets.
More importantly - you will be able to email them about future events using our email marketing tools. Like Mailchimp & Constant Contact.
- Choose Yes or No to enable or disable the option for requiring the buyer's email.
6. Is the Buyer's Phone Required?
- If you don't have a printer and you want to send the eTickets via text message this is handy.
- Choose Yes or No to enable or disable the option require a phone number.
7. Is the Buyer's Zip Code Required?
- If you request their zip/postal code we will automatically find & set their city and state.
- This can be handy for future analysis of where your customers are coming from.
- Choose Yes or No to enable or disable the option to require the buyer's zip code.
8. Allow Comps?
- This will allow you to give away complimentary tickets onsite.
- Note: For General Admission and Flex Pass tickets, SimpleTix will not charge any service fees. Reserved Seat events have a much higher cost for us, so we charge a small fee to offset these costs.
- Choose Yes or No to enable or disable the option for complimentary tickets.
9. Enable Cash?
- Some folks don't have credit cards. If you want to accept cash payments enable this.
- We have the ability to instantly capture our service fees on credit card orders.
However not on cash, so you will need to have a credit card on file.
- Choose Yes or No to enable or disable the option for cash transactions.
10. Once done with your changes, click Save on the top right.
11. You'll get a confirmation that your changes have been saved.
- Your box office settings will now be updated with your new configurations.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article