This function allows you to automatically transfer order information from your SimpleTix sales to Google Sheets, streamlining your order management process with the help of Zapier.
1. Before you begin, please make sure that you have an existing event on SimpleTix.
- This will ensure that you can specify which order information is retrieved, including custom fields.
- By default, order details will contain the following; First Name, Last Name, Email, Event Title, and Phone Number.
- If you haven't created an event yet, click here.
2. After creating your event, go to zapier.com then create an account or log in.
3. Once logged in, click the + sign and create a Zap
4. Set the app that initiates your trigger.
- Search for SimpleTix and click on it.
5. Select an event that triggers a report entry.
- In most cases, it'll be when a New Order is placed.
- You have the option to freely select one depending on your reporting needs.
6. Once you've chosen the event that triggers the Zap, click Continue.
7. You will now be asked to link a SimpleTix account.
- Choose an existing one or connect a new account then authorize.
8. Once your account is linked, click Continue to proceed.
9. You'll now be asked to select a status linked to your initial event trigger.
- For this example, we're going with New Order > Order Complete.
- This option may not be present depending on your initial event trigger.
10. Once done with your selection, click Continue.
11. Zapier will now attempt a test to retrieve information from your latest order.
- This will confirm that the account is linked and that the automation will run properly.
- Click Test Trigger to proceed.
12. Once the test is complete, you'll see details from your most recent order.
- If correct, click Continue.
13. You'll now be able to select where your SimpleTix data will sync to.
- Search and select Google Sheets.
14. Select the action that you want to be done on the sheet.
- Create Spreadsheet Row - preferred for when an order is created
- Update an Existing Row - preferred for when an order is edited or canceled.
15. After selecting your preferred option, click Continue.
16. Connect your Google Account or choose one that you've previously linked to Zapier.
17. After authorizing your account, click Continue.
18. On a separate window, go to https://drive.google.com
- Create a new sheet or upload an Excel document.
- You can also use an existing worksheet. Place it within your preferred directory/folder.
- Open the sheet and format the top-most row to match with order details you want to be retrieved from SimpleTix. (First Name || Last Name || Email || Event || Phone Number).
- This may vary if you have custom fields.
19. Once you have your sheet ready, go back to Zapier.
From the dropdowns, navigate to where you created/uploaded your Google Worksheet.
20. Select the title of the worksheet that will hold the synced data.
21. Please note that Worksheets can have several sheets within it.
Make sure you select the sheet containing the top row mentioned above.
22. You now need to connect the worksheet row titles with the matching SimpleTix data.
23. Click on each field and simply match your preferred values
24. Once completed, your field should show the matching details as shown below.
25. Click Continue to proceed.
26. In the next window, it will show a preview of the data and where it'll be copied.
- Click Test Action to attempt a sync.
27. A confirmation will appear saying your data has been sent.
28. Go into your Google Sheet to check the data.
29. Once you verify that all info is correct, click Publish Zap and Turn it on.
- You're done! All your succeeding orders should now appear automatically in your Google Sheet.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article