SimpleTix – Salesforce integration.
Summary: Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your favorite apps, such as SimpleTix, Salesforce, Gmail, Slack, MailChimp, and over 1,000 more. You can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to build the integration. Move info between your web apps automatically, so you can focus on your most important work. It's easy enough that anyone can build their own app workflows with just a few clicks.
For example, You can create a trigger within Zapier for your Events on SimpleTix. Imagine someone books single or multiple tickets for your event. Zapier trigger would take entries of those booking like First\Last Name, Email, Phone, Event Name, Date and a lot more and add it automatically to your desired Excel sheet on your google docs. It lets you focus on most important work while also making sure that most of the data entry task are automated.
Now We integrate Salesforce with Zap we just created and then add a trigger.
7) Lets add a trigger. This is when an action is performed(Trigger) would cause a predefined task would be initiated (In Our Case, when ever anyone books a ticket, system will first search for existing contact and if available will add\update details to it or it will create a new contact in salesforce)
8) Let's test our trigger. **Make ure there is at least one order in your event to perform this test**
9) This is where we add the action step, like a Salesforce contact check or creation
10) You can search for Salesforce in the list of available apps
11) As mentioned above we will create this in a way where the system will first try to look for a contact, if present, update it or create a new one
12) This is where user needs to connect their Salesforce account by logging in
13) We can test and confirm to check if the account is connected or not
14) Field To Search - What should you the system search for when a new order is placed
Search Value - This would be a unique identifier which only one user would have. General practice is Email as its quite unique(Unless being shared by multiple parties) because Name can be common.
15) Create Salesforce Account if it doesn't exist yet? - Check Yes and fill in the fields you will need the contact to be created with in Salesforce
16) Pro Tip: This is where the system will tell you if any fields is missing. Use the options on the left "Edit Options" to fill in the missing required fields
17) The system should create a Zap and Test it
18) Please make sure you switch your Zap on by using the toggle button
19) A test is created below
20) This contact has been created through ZAP on Salesforce