In case of unexpected weather conditions or unforeseen occurrences, SimpleTix has a quick and easy way to handle event cancellations.
This will offer solutions for the cancellation and ways to notify your attendees.
1. Go to https://manager.simpletix.com/
2. Once logged in, from the top menu click on Events.
3. Type the name of your event in the search bar to locate it.
4. Once you see it on the list, click on it to edit.
5. Once in the event, click Order Management on the left panel.
6. Within the Order Management page, click Event Cancellation.
- This will bring up a separate page where you'll be able to manage options for cancellation.
7. In Step 1, select the event time that you'd like to cancel.
- Your event will appear on the list if they have prior ticket purchases and the event has not passed.
- Ticket sales for the selected event time will automatically be set to disabled.
8. Once you've selected your preferred event time, click Next to proceed.
9. In Step 2, you'll be presented with options on how to manage the cancellation for your attendees.
- Refund via Square Gift Cards - This will issue attendees gift cards that they can use for future events.
- Switch all existing tickets to a new event time - Migrates all attendees from the canceled event into a new one.
- Ask the attendees to choose a new event time - This option will be valid if:
- If the feature to change the event time is enabled
- Available events are within the cut-off period
- There are future event times
- There are tickets available that are the same ticket type name (e.g. Adults) and the same ticket price.
10. For this example, we're choosing to switch existing tickets to a new event time.
- After picking the switch option, set a date and time for the new event.
- Aside from the schedule, the new event time will have the same details as the canceled event.
11. Once you've set the new schedule for the event, click next to proceed.
12. In Step 3, you'll be prompted to input a message notifying your attendees of the cancelation.
- Add a subject line and a message containing details for the new schedule.
13. In Step 3, you'll be prompted to input a message notifying your attendees of the cancelation.
- You have the option to toggle this option OFF and manually notify your attendees.
- If ON, the attendees will be notified via email.
- They will also be notified via text if they agreed to text confirmations during checkout.
- Create a short message for text and another for email notification.
14. You can also use the EventTime placeholder at the bottom to automatically populate the new schedule.
15. Once done creating your message, click Save.
16. In Step 4, you'll receive a confirmation of the cancelation and attendee notices.
17. Click Close to return to your event page.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article