SimpleTix allows you to create events with reserved seats.
In some cases, you may have multiple events within the same venue.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to create a reserved seating event with an existing venue.
To create a reserved seating event with an existing venue:
1. Go to www.simpletix.com
2. Click on Create Your Event.
3. If you already have an existing account, click Sign In instead.
4. Click on Create Event.
5. Click on Event Name and enter the name you want your event to be called.
6. Select your Event Type.
7. Choose your Event Category.
8. Select the matching Sub-Category.
9. Choose an existing venue from the list.
10. Add a description for your event.
11. Upload a cover photo or choose one from our library.
12. Select your Event Type.
- A Reserved Seating event is required to be set as either a One-Time or a Multipe Dates/Time event.
- It cannot be set as a Flex-Pass Event
13. Set the Start Date and Time as well as the End Date and Time for your event.
14. Set Reserved Seating to Yes.
15. You'll receive a pop-up with the seating chart for the venue you chose.
16. If you do not need to change details within the seating chart, choose Yes.
- This will copy the seating chart as is. You will not be able to edit the ticket categories.
- You will still be able to change ticket prices and create additional sub-prices.
17. If you would like to make changes to the seating chart or the ticket categories click No, I'd like to clone and make adjustments.
- This is useful when your venue has a change in layout for a specific event.
- You can also add or edit existing ticket categories.
18. After clicking No, type in a name for the duplicate seating chart.
19. Once named, click Clone Now.
20. You'll get a prompt that cloning the chart was successful.
21. Click on Next to proceed.
22. You can now make changes to your ticket categories.
23. You can also configure Sub-Prices, Fees, Seating Colors, and more.
- For a full guide on customizing categories, click here:
How to Customize Categories for Reserved Seating
24. Once done editing, set when your ticket sales go live.
25. Click Next to proceed.
26. You'll now be prompted with the seating chart.
27. Click the Select Tool or Brush Tool on the left.
28. Select the seats you'd like to edit.
29. On the right panel, click the Category dropdown and choose the new tier you'd like the seats to be assigned as.
30. You'll notice that the seat color changes from its previous shade to the newly set category.
31. You can do the same for other seats that need editing.
32. Once done, click Publish on the top left. This will save your changes to the cloned seating chart.
33. Click on Create My Event to finalize the event.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article