SimpleTix – Salesforce integration.
Summary: Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your favorite apps, such as SimpleTix, Salesforce, Gmail, Slack, MailChimp, and over 1,000 more. You can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to build the integration. Move info between your web apps automatically, so you can focus on your most important work. It's easy enough that anyone can build their own app workflows with just a few clicks.
For example, You can create a trigger within Zapier for your Events on SimpleTix. Imagine someone books single or multiple tickets for your event. Zapier trigger would take entries of those booking like First\Last Name, Email, Phone, Event Name, Date and a lot more and add it automatically to your desired Excel sheet on your google docs. It lets you focus on most important work while also making sure that most of the data entry task are automated.
Let’s see how to create such triggers on Zapier for your SimpleTix events.
Now let's make our Zap.
2. For the Trigger app, choose SimpleTix (type it into the box to quickly find it)
3. Then choose the trigger action and click Save + Continue
4. If this is the first time you have used SimpleTix with Zapier, click Connect a New Account
4. a.) Now in a new tab, log into your site. Go to Setting &amp;amp; Options > Settings > Plugins
On this page choose SimpleTix plugins
Copy your SimpleTix API Token.
4. b.) Paste this into the Zapier page, then click Yes, Continue.
5) Now click Test Account to ensure it's working.
6) Wait for it to say "Account is working", then click Save + Continue.
Now We integrate Salesforce with Zap we just created and then add a trigger.
7) Lets add a trigger. This is when an action is performed(Trigger) would cause a predefined task would be initiated (In Our Case, when ever anyone books a ticket, system will first search for existing contact and if available will add\update details to it or it will create a new contact in salesforce)
8) Lets make sure our tigger works by testing it. **Make Sure there is atleast one order in your event to perform this test**
9) This is where we add the action step or in our case Salesforce contact check or creation
10) You can search for Salesforce in list of available apps.
11) As mentioned above we will create this in a way where system will first try to look for a contact and if present update it or create a new in case its not.
12) This is where user needs to connect their salesforce account by logging in.
13) We can test and confirm to check if account is connected or not.
14) Field To Search - What should you the system search for when a new order is placed
Search Value - This would be a unique identifier which only one user would have. General practice is Email as its quite unique(Unless being shared by multiple parties) because Name can be common.
15) Create Salesforce Account if it dosen't exist yet? - Check Yes and fill the fields you would need the contact to be created with in salesforce
16) Pro Tip: This is where system will tell you if any field is missing. Use the options on left "Edit Options" to fill in the missing required fields.
17) We done properly, system should create a Zap and Test it.
18) Please make sure you Switch your Zap on using the toggle button.
19) As a test we have created an order which can be seen here.
20) This contact has been created through ZAP on Salesforce.