When SimpleTix is first installed, a default venue is created using the store name and address, etc. Depending on your business, this may be the only venue needed, however even in this case, it is beneficial to add images and more detailed information and, if the venue is a ticketing-by-seat venue, you will also need to add the sections and seats.
To get started, either edit the default venue already created or create a new venue:
1. Once logged into the Admin, go to Manage > Venues
2. Click the name of the venue you'd like to edit or click the Add button at the top of the list.
3. The following screen will appear:
4. Address Information
- Name - the name of the venue you are adding
- Address - be sure to put an accurate street address if using the Google Map API
- Postal Code
- Time Zone - set time zone of the venue, this way if you have multiple venues in multiple time zones, your SimpleTix site will always display the event times correctly for the different time zones (in the time zone of the event)
- Seating Chart Size: This can be set as either Small or Large Venue
- Public Ticket Sales CutOff Time
- What time do events normally start at this venue - will be used as a default when creating events, but can always be changed (leave blank if do not wish any default times)
- What times do events normally end at this venue - same as above.
5. Photos/ Pictures
It is visually appealing to add a general photo of the venue to appear on that venue's page.
Seating Cart Image- only used for tickets by seat events, you will be able to determine the orientation of the seating chart on the front end when you set up the event time.
Directions - add here directions (driving, public transportation, etc.) or other important information about the venue here
Hours - if the venue has certain open hours or box office hours, you may enter them here.