With SimpleTix, you can create a discount rule that will enable a discount to be triggered based on quantities added to cart. Examples of such discounts:
- buy 1, no discount; buy 2 tickets get 10% off both; and buy 3 or more get 15% off all
- buy 1, no discount; buy 2 tickets get $10 off both; and buy 3 or more get $15 off all
A premium account is mandatory to use this feature. Below are the steps to create discount rules:
- Log in to your Manager's Panel. From here go to Promote > Discounts
- Select the event you would like the discount rule to apply to.
- Set the quantity that will trigger the discount rule. You can do this by entering a value where it says "Set the quantity that enables the discount." The number listed here will be activated when a customer purchases an amount greater to or equal to that amount.
The example above is how you would add a "buy 1, get 1 50% off" discount. The discount amount can be set to either a flat amount or a percentage off original ticket price.
- Set Criteria for the code. You can do it to where the discount applies to the normal price of each ticket if...:
every ticket is for the same event.
every ticket's seat/price group is for the same event time.
every has ticket is for the exact same section/price group of the same event time. (Price group / section mode)
every has ticket has the exact same seat of the same event. (Reserved seat mode)
- After you set your Criteria, make sure you select Save in order to save your discount code. It will now be active on your SimpleTix account!
- You can always go back and edit your discount codes at any time as well. When you finish making a discount code, you will come to a screen that looks like this:
You can edit here by clicking the Edit button, or delete it as well by clicking the Delete button.
In this example here the rule is: If someone buys 5 (or more) tickets to Peter Pan Live- they get $15 off each ticket. To qualify all tickets must be for the same event and event time. (e.g. 4 tickets for one performance + 1 ticket for another night- would not qualify)